Thursday 20 November 2014

'Jellies'

Good Afternoon friends! HAPPY FRIDAY! I hope this finds you all well and that you had a lovely week!


I have had a lovely week. I have managed to have some nice quality time playing with the kids, enjoying the sunshine, having a few (not many but better than none!) lazy moments and I even had quite a few hours in kitchen doing some creating … it really is my happy place!


MANY months ago I bought some Great Lakes Gelatin as I heard quite a few times that it was really good for you but I have to be honest and tell you that I was a little freaked out by using it as I was worried it was going to have a strange taste! I finally worked up the courage and I am glad I did … these little ‘jellies’ are so easy to make and really yummy – 3 of my 4 kids LOVED them … Miss ‘almost 4′ wasn’t fussed and said she didn’t like them wobbling! ha ha!


I have only tried them with the ingredients below but I look forward to having a play with other flavours and I will update here as I do …. I hope to hear from you when you make them …enjoy :-)


jellies


‘jellies’


½ cup boiling water


4 tblspns gelatin


2 tblspns honey


1 cup coconut water


1 cup orange juice


In a glass jug place the boiling water, gelatin and honey and stir well until it is all combined.


Add the coconut water and orange juice and mix well.


 Pour mixture into moulds and ‘set’ in the fridge for at least 2 hours before enjoying. 


Note:


  • I use ‘Great Lakes Gelatin’

  • If you don’t have shaped moulds you could use ice cube trays or pour the mixture into a lined large container and once it is set, cut into squares

  • These ‘jelies’ aren’t overly sweet so you can increase the honey to taste

  • Have fun experimenting with your favourite juice flavours

  • Store in an airtight container in the fridge

 


Wishing you a beautiful weekend friends … I don’t know about the area you live in but here on the Central Coast I have heard it is meant to reach 41 degrees on Sunday … mind you, as I am typing this it is 40 degrees! Stay cool … drink LOADS of water and please remember your pets and eldery neighbours! 


Talk again soon,


Take Care of You, 
Collette x 


CUT OUT THE CRAP Facebook




'Jellies'

No comments:

Post a Comment