Tuesday 10 July 2012

Honey Chicken

There are times when I miss ordering take-away.....for that briefest moment (until I think about what is in a lot of it!) Even simply the thought of grabbing a quick Thai, Chinese or Indian Meal is great! I'm sure that part of it is someone else doing the cooking! Like the day we ended up spur of the moment staying at a friends for dinner and she made me a basic garden salad.....I'm sure it was one of the nicest salads I have ever had because I didn't prepare it!
What I miss about these take-aways (or meals in general) I try and re-create in my kitchen here at home......todays recipe is something that was always my favourite "way back when" - (when I could eat anything and everything) so I simply HAD to make it "Cut out the Crap" friendly and share it with you....at least this time I know exactly what is in it and I must admit it is DELICIOUS! I hope you enjoy it also......

Honey Chicken

1kg Chicken Breast Fillets
½ cup rice flour
olive oil for frying
2 cloves garlic – grated
2cm x 2cm fresh ginger – grated
1 tspn sesame oil
2/3 cup honey
2 cups water
2 tblspns rice or potato flour to thicken

Preheat oven to 120oC.
Dice chicken into small pieces approximately 3cm x 3cm. Place chicken into a large bowl with rice flour and mix thoroughly.
Place a little olive oil in the fry pan and turn to medium - high. Place chicken on a single layer in the pan and cook, turning regularly until crispy and golden.  Place the cooked chicken onto a baking dish lined with baking paper and place in the preheated oven to keep warm whilst you make the sauce.
In a small saucepan place the garlic, ginger, sesame oil and honey. Put heat onto medium and mix well.  Add the water and turn heat to high and bring to the boil. Boil for 2 minutes then turn heat to medium. Add rice or potato flour and stir until thickened (NOTE:  I sift the flour in so it doesn’t get lumpy).
Serve with rice and vegetables.
DELICIOUS!

I love fresh steamed vegetables....



I love cooking the Chicken like this....so crispy!


YUM!!!!!!

I hope you are having a great week,

Take Care of You,
Coll x

1 comment: